Houston Rear-End Accident Lawyers
Fighting for Clients Since 2004
Rear-end accidents are quite common among all types of car accidents, but that does not make them less serious. When a vehicle is struck from behind at most any speed, it can result in whiplash, a painful and lingering neck injury. At higher speeds, catastrophic injuries can result, such as paralysis, brain damage, or death.
If you need a rear-end accident attorney to represent you after a collision in Houston, then you have come to the right place. Dunk Law Firm is famous for combining a genuinely compassionate approach to casework with a tenacity that catches the opposition off-guard. While you rest and focus on your health, we can move your case forward, step-by-step, and always with the goal of securing maximum compensation on your behalf, including damages that help pay for medical bills, lost wages, and your emotional suffering.
Injuries Suffered in Rear-End Accidents
Serious injuries can follow any rear-end accident. You should always see a doctor shortly after a crash, even if you feel fine now. Whiplash, in particular, can start as a slight soreness in your neck but turn into a debilitating injury hours or days later. If you have not yet seen a doctor since being in a rear-end accident, then please consider doing so soon. Not only will you help preserve your health by getting a checkup, but you can also limit your overall liability for your injuries.
Injuries besides whiplash that can be suffered in a rear-end accident:
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Arm and wrist fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Seatbelt-related injuries
- Facial lacerations
Does Liability Always Go to the Back Car?
The car in the back of a rear-end accident is not always fully liable for a crash. Some circumstances can increase the liability of the car in front that was struck from behind. In Texas, it is crucial to ensure your liability remains limited because your entire claim can be defeated if your liability goes beyond 50%.
How can liability be placed on another driver in a rear-end crash?
- Broken taillights: All drivers are expected to maintain their vehicles appropriately, especially when a defect or damage could limit the vehicle’s safe operation. If a driver rear-ends a vehicle with no working taillights, then some liability could be put on the driver of the defective vehicle.
- Parking lot collisions: When backing up in a parking lot, a driver must yield to oncoming traffic up to a certain point. If a car tries to drive behind a vehicle that is more than halfway out of a parking spot and a collision ensues, then the driver who was not backing up could be partially or mostly liable.
- Multivehicle crashes: Were you rear-ended by a car that was rear-ended, too? The liability for your damages could rest primarily on the car that hit the car that hit you. In many of these situations, the car that starts the “domino effect” of collisions is mostly to blame.
Dunk Law Firm – We Win!
Following a rear-end collision, you could be looking at a stack of damages and medical bills. You could also be the victim of finger-pointing from the other driver who has tried to blame you for what happened. If things go poorly for your claim, then you could be out thousands of dollars due to unpaid bills, lost wages, vehicle repair expenses, and much more.
Give yourself a fighting chance by teaming up with Dunk Law Firm. We are confident that you will be impressed by our Houston rear-end accident lawyers and the friendly approach we take to casework. When working on your claim, we treat you like a friend in need because we really see you as one!
Would you like to know more? Call (713) 575-1991 today.
Extensive & Detailed Jury Research
Track Record Of Success
Personalized Attention & Care
Millions Recovered For Our Clients