Houston Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accident Lawyers
We Can Walk You Through Your Claim with Confidence
You must purchase and maintain auto insurance in Texas if you want to drive without breaking the law. Not all motorists take this law seriously, though. In fact, some past research has suggested that up to 10% of all cars on the road at any given time are driven by someone with no insurance.
What are you supposed to do if you get hit by an uninsured motorist? Are you out of luck and unable to get any compensation for your damages? If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) insurance coverage, then you should still have an opportunity to find financial stability again. Dunk Law Firm can help.
People love Dunk Law Firm for their UM/UIM claims because:
- We were founded in 2004.
- We focus primarily on car accident claims.
- We have won millions of dollars for our clients.
- We are genuinely compassionate and caring people.
Learn more about UM/UIM accident claims in Houston right now. Call (713) 575-1991.
Do You Have UM/UIM Coverage?
Most auto insurance companies will offer to sell you UM/UIM coverage when you first purchase your insurance policy. As any car accident attorney will tell you, UM/UIM insurance is always something you should add to your policy if you can afford it. After a crash, your own UM/UIM policy will provide any damages not provided elsewhere – i.e. not paid by the liable driver’s insurance company – up to your policy cap.
Your policy should trigger if you get hit by an:
- Uninsured motorist (UM): When a driver has no insurance, they are uninsured. A driver who commits a hit and run is also technically an uninsured motorist since they are not around to pay for any of the damages they caused.
- Underinsured motorist (UIM): When a driver has insurance, but it caps before paying for all of your damages, they are underinsured. UIM insurance is meant to cover the excess damages not provided by that driver’s policy.
Examples of UM & UIM Coverage Applications
- Example 1: You are in a car accident and suffer injuries that result in $20,000 in medical bills. The driver who hit you is uninsured and found to be 100% liable for the crash. You have a UM policy that covers up to $25,000 for bodily injuries. Your insurance provider should cover the entire $20,000 you need since it is below your insurance cap and you were not at all liable.
- Example 2: You are hit by a driver who is 100% liable for the accident and who has an insurance policy that provides up to $50,000 for the bodily injuries suffered by others in a crash. Your medical bills add up to $75,000. Your UIM policy covers up to $25,000 for bodily injuries. With your policy and that of the liable driver, the entire $75,000 of your damages should be covered.
Do You Have Questions? We Have Answers
Dunk Law Firm and our Houston UM/UIM accident attorneys take pride in simplifying legal matters for our clients. If you are not sure where to begin with your UM/UIM accident claim, or if you even have the right policy coverage to file one, then please call (713) 575-1991 and connect with our firm. We would be happy to discuss your options in greater detail during a free initial case consultation.
Extensive & Detailed Jury Research
Track Record Of Success
Personalized Attention & Care
Millions Recovered For Our Clients