Memphis Garbage Truck Accident Lawyers
Were You Hit by a Garbage Truck?
Dunk Law Firm in Memphis can help you explore your legal options after being in a garbage truck accident. If the truck driver doesn’t want to admit to doing anything wrong, then we will be ready to challenge them and their insurer with convincing evidence and powerful arguments. You don’t need to worry about the details of building and managing a case when we are on your side and acting on your behalf.
We can help you bring claims against these waste management companies and more:
- Waste Management (WM)
- Republic Services of Memphis
- Memphis Solid Waste Management
- Waste Solutions
- Waste Connections of Tennessee, Inc.
- Allied Waste Services
In many cases, a settlement can be negotiated to end a case sooner than later. If a settlement isn’t possible, then we can prepare for litigation and represent you in court. We want to do whatever it takes to get you the most compensation possible for your damages.
Talk to our Memphis garbage truck attorneys now. Call (901) 231-4779.
What Happens If a Garbage Truck Hits Your Car?
A garbage truck accident will usually result in two things:
- Severe injuries: Garbage trucks and waste collection vans are large and heavy. A fully loaded garbage truck can weigh many tons more than the average passenger vehicle. Due to this disparity in vehicle weight and size, the average garbage truck accident will cause significant vehicular destruction and catastrophic injuries to those inside the smaller vehicle.
- Grounds for a lawsuit: Garbage truck accidents don’t “just happen.” They are usually caused by a truck driver’s negligence. If we determined that the trucker’s mistakes caused your crash, then we can file a claim against them and the trucking company, which might escalate to a lawsuit if you are not offered a fair settlement.
What Should You Do If You’re in a Garbage Truck Accident?
After being in a garbage truck accident, you should handle the situation like you would any other motor vehicle accident, except with a few added extra steps or details. You need to get identifying and insurance information from the truck driver. But you should also note the truck company’s name and any identification or serial number on the truck. This extra information can help you figure out who caused your accident if you cannot, for whatever reason, identify the truck and driver otherwise.
If someone has been injured, then you should notify the authorities. Call 911 if there are serious injuries. If you are feeling relatively fine after your crash, then you should still go to urgent care for a check-up. Finally, reach out to a garbage truck accident attorney in Memphis to help fight for your fair recovery after your accident.
How Long Do You Have to File a Garbage Truck Accident Claim?
Tennessee has a fairly brief statute of limitations for personal injury claims. If your garbage truck accident happened in Memphis, then you will only have one year to bring a claim against the driver and their employer. Once Tennessee’s one-year statute of limitations expires, you cannot seek a recovery from the driver who hit you, even if you have strong evidence that shows they caused the crash.
We’ll Take Care of Your Accident Case
Need to file a claim against a garbage truck company in Memphis? There is no better time than now to talk to a member of Dunk Law Firm about your accident and the circumstances surrounding it. With our legal assistance, you might be able to get money for your lost wages, medical costs, vehicle repairs, pain, suffering, and more. It all starts with a call to our firm at (901) 231-4779.
You deserve justice. Contact our firm now to speak with a garbage truck accident lawyer in Memphis.
Extensive & Detailed Jury Research
Track Record Of Success
Personalized Attention & Care
Millions Recovered For Our Clients