Memphis Truck Rollover Accident Attorney
Legal Support After Devastating Truck Accidents
Since 2004, Dunk Law Firm has been representing motorists who have been seriously injured in truck accidents throughout Memphis and beyond. We are here to assist with any type of truck accident case, including those involving highly dangerous rollover accidents. A rollover is when a commercial truck falls onto its side, rolling once or twice. Smaller vehicles in adjacent lanes can be crushed under the tractor or trailer of the big rig.
Were you in a rollover accident that was not your fault? Let our Memphis truck rollover accident lawyers know what happened. We genuinely want to help you make sense of your legal options and pursue them to the fullest.
What Causes a Truck to Roll Over?
Rollover accidents are usually caused by some form of negligence, but not necessarily the truck driver’s fault alone. Depending on the reasons behind why the truck tipped and rolled over, the fault could be placed on several parties.
Truck rollover accidents can be caused by:
- Sharp turns: Commercial trucks take turns best when they are wide and slow. A trucker who attempts to take a turn too sharply or while speeding can cause their vehicle to buckle and tip over.
- Top-heavy trailers: Load crews that place product inside the trailer of a commercial truck can also contribute to the chances of a rollover accident by making the trailer top-heavy. Cargo needs to be stacked carefully and intentionally to keep the center of gravity on the truck low and manageable while it is in motion.
- High winds: Stretches of highways under a high wind advisory should be avoided by truck drivers. When a gust of wind hits the broad side of a trailer, it can tip it right over because the wind is caught as if it had hit a boat’s sail. Most highways will have notices about high wind areas ahead, so there is often no reasonable excuse as to why the truck driver would be “surprised” by the wind.
Serious Injuries Lead to Significant Damages
The results of a rollover truck accident are often devastating. The heavy truck landing on top of a smaller vehicle is practically guaranteed to crush the vehicle and place everyone inside in extreme danger of crush injuries, lacerations, and brain damage. When there are serious injuries involved in an accident, there will also be significant damages.
Your truck rollover accident claim could pursue damages related to:
- Medical care, including future treatment costs
- Months or years of physical therapy
- Lost wages and lessened income capacity
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Shortened life expectancy
If you lost a loved one in a rollover truck accident, then we can also assist with a wrongful death claim. We know that you are probably going through the most painful experience of your life, so we will be careful not to push you or make decisions that don’t reflect your best interests. Wrongful death cases have unique damages, too, which can be paid to you or your loved one’s estate.
Free Initial Consultations are Available to Inquiring Clients
You can learn more about your rights as a rollover truck accident survivor by calling (901) 231-4779. We offer free initial consultations that can help you decide how to move forward. Our Memphis rollover attorneys are standing by to help you form a claim and pursue the compensation you and your family deserve.
Contact us today if you would like to schedule a no-cost consultation.
Extensive & Detailed Jury Research
Track Record Of Success
Personalized Attention & Care
Millions Recovered For Our Clients