Compensation Available After a Car Accident
In a car accident involving someone else’s negligence, there’s always a possibility to suffer a significant injury. In these situations, it’s important to get compensation for the damages you have sustained, but there are far too many instances in which people are unsure of what kind of compensation they can recover.
The compensation you can recover can help with many of the losses you experience, and it’s important for you to know what to expect. Below, we’ll detail the two main types of compensation you may recover after a car accident and how they help you.
Seeking economic damages after a crash means pursuing compensation for damages that are associated with monetary losses. These include the following, which all have proof of amount spent or lost:
- Medical expenses including procedures, inpatient stays, and medication
- Lost income if you’re unable to work after the injury
- Repairs to your vehicle, also referred to as property damage in this area of law
In these situations, you can show the exact amount you have lost, and thus, can pursue compensation for these expenses.
Compensation for non-economic damages can be much more difficult to determine as they don’t have a direct monetary value attached to them. Typically, these non-economic damages are available to compensate you for the following:
- Pain and suffering, with the more severe injuries requiring more compensation
- Impact on the quality of your life, meaning you can recover compensation if the injury causes you mental trauma or makes it so you no longer enjoy things you once did
Proving your case is difficult in some situations, so having a Milwaukee car accident attorney or Memphis car accident lawyer on your side is important. At Dunk Law Firm, we work hard on your behalf to pursue the compensation and justice you deserve after a crash.
Call us today at (800) 674-9339 to discuss your potential options.