Houston Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
Hurt in a Rideshare Accident? Pursue Legal Action Today!
Rideshare accidents are becoming more common as rideshare use does as well. The legal complications surrounding a rideshare accident are as problematic as they are varied. For example, rideshare drivers are not professional drivers with any sort of special training beyond a regular driver’s license. Most rideshare drivers are not even considered employees by most rideshare companies, either.
To make sense of your Uber or Lyft accident claim, start by turning to Dunk Law Firm in Houston. Our rideshare accident attorneys are well-versed in liability laws, insurance company tactics, and legal proceedings. You can leave your case in our hands and focus on your health while knowing that your claim is progressing and being taken seriously. We do not rest or back down when a client needs us, even if it looks like we will need to take Uber or Lyft to court.
Contact us online to tell us what happened. Our Houston Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will get back to you as soon as we can.
How Do I Report a Rideshare Accident?
Every rideshare company has a different way of reporting accidents to the company. If you have been injured in a Lyft or Uber accident, follow the below steps to report your accident. However, be sure not to make any statements that could harm your case later on! Avoid saying that you were unharmed, or that you're doing okay, and speak to a rideshare accident lawyer in Houston as soon as possible after your accident.
How to Contact Uber About an Accident -
- If you were injured as a rider, you can fill out this form to notify Uber of the incident - It's always a good idea to speak to an attorney before giving any information to the insurance company
- If you were injured as a third party, you should fill out this form
How to Report an Accident to Lyft -
- To report a Lyft accident, you can find the form here - Once more, you should always discuss your accident with a rideshare lawyer before sharing too much information with the company's insurance company
Uber & Lyft Accident Insurance
Liability plays an important role in any car accident claim, including rideshare accident cases. The less liable you are for the accident, the more compensation you can collect through a successful injury claim.
Uber and Lyft accidents start to diverge from the typical car accident case when examining insurance policies and fault. Since Uber and Lyft drivers are not employees, the two rideshare companies can never be technically “at-fault” for a crash caused by a rideshare driver using their app. They can still be “liable” for a claimant’s damages, though, due to their umbrella insurance policies.
Uber and Lyft will provide complex insurance policies sorted into three periods:
- Period 1: When the rideshare driver is not using the app and does not have a fare, Uber and Lyft do not accept any liability for a crash caused by that driver. You will have to bring a claim against the driver’s private insurance provider as you would following any other motor vehicle accident.
- Period 2: When the rideshare driver has turned on the app and is looking for a fare, Uber and Lyft will provide some bodily injury and property damage coverage.
- Period 3: When the rideshare driver has accepted a fare and has the app still on, whether they are going to pick up their passenger or already have them in the car, Uber and Lyft can each apply a $1-million policy to a crash.
The $1-million policy might only be applicable once other means of compensation are explored. For example, you might need to file a claim against the rideshare driver’s insurance policy and get as much compensation from them as possible before Uber or Lyft will consider providing for excess damages.
Comprehensive Guidance, Compassionate Representation
Dunk Law Firm in Houston is proud to be the first name locals trust after being in an Uber or Lyft accident that was not their fault, either as another driver or as a passenger. We have the legal knowledge, practice experience, and reputation required to take on major companies like Uber and Lyft for you.
When you need to get compensation but do not where to start, just pick up the phone, dial (713) 575-1991, and chat with one of our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Houston.
Extensive & Detailed Jury Research
Track Record Of Success
Personalized Attention & Care
Millions Recovered For Our Clients