Auto accidents remain one of the leading causes of death in the country, with thousands of people losing their lives each year and millions more suffering serious injuries. If you or someone you love has been caught in one of these countless crashes in Houston, then Dunk Law Firm can help you explore and utilize your legal options. We have been standing up for the wrongfully injured in and out of court since 2004. Along the way, we have built a reputation for showing genuine compassion to our clients and steadfast tenacity to the opposition.
Our car injury law firm can represent you if you have been seriously injured in a car accident. Our legal abilities also allow us to represent you if you have lost a loved one in a fatal traffic collision. In either situation, we will be devoted to doing the most for you.
Texas allows you to seek compensation from another driver who caused your crash using the state’s liability laws. Our Houston car wreck attorneys will want to prove the other driver’s liability was as high as possible. The lower your liability, the more compensation you can recover. If your liability is ever greater than 50%, then you cannot collect damages from the defendant.
For example, you are hurt in a car accident and experience $100,000 in damages when all things are considered. We are able to prove you were only 10% liable for the accident, meaning the other party was 90% liable, which would entitle you to demand $90,000 in compensation.
In order to win a personal injury claim for your Texas car accident you will need to prove that the other driver was acting in a negligent manner which directly resulted in your injuries. Every driver is expected to demonstrate a certain level of care while operating a vehicle. This includes things like:
Failure to observe any of the above may constitute negligence, especially if it directly caused your accident and thereby your injuries.
No car accident is exactly the same as another. That means that each settlement will be different. However, when it comes to calculating a fair accident settlement, our Houston accident attorneys will take into account the following damages:
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim against the responsible party, which can help you recover compensation for damages including medical, funeral and burial costs.
Car accidents, whether serious or minor always have the potential to cause serious injury to the vehicle occupants. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
No matter how severe your injuries are, if you have been hurt in a car crash, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim against the responsible party.
The best evidence for most car accident claims is found immediately after the crash and while you are still at the scene. When our car accident attorneys in Houston work with you, we will want to see if you were able to collect some of these preferred forms of evidence.
Let us know if you did any of the following after your crash:
Sometimes minor car accidents don't require you to hire a Houston accident lawyer. It all depends on whether or not your insurance company agrees to pay you a fair settlement. However, there are certain circumstances where your accident claim may be more complex. If you have experienced any of the following after your accident, you may want to consider hiring an auto accident lawyer in Houston:
While each case is unique, in general most car accident lawsuits follow a similar process:
Establishing fault in a car crash claim can be a tricky process, but our car accident lawyers in Houston know where to look. For example, studying the exact cause of your car accident can be a good starting point to establish liability. What did cause your crash, though? Let us look into it while you rest.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Texas are:
The following statistics were pulled from the Texas Department of Transportation Traffic Crash Facts report for 2020:
It's estimated that in 2020 1 person was killed every 2 hours, 1 person was injured every 2 minutes, and 1 reportable crash occurred every 1 minute. There were no days in 2020 were a death did not occur due to traffic accidents.
When our Houston car accident attorneys of Dunk Law Firm take a case, we commit to doing the most for our clients. Securing every penny of compensation that you deserve is our objective. Standing up for the wrongfully injured is our calling. If you need to seek medical bills, property repair costs, lost wages, and noneconomic damages after a car accident, then you will want to make us the first legal team you call.