Dallas Scooter Accident Lawyer
A lot of Texans are trying to make eco-friendly shifts in their daily lives. When you combine an eco-friendly change with the ability to reduce and eliminate car payments or public transportation costs, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Dallas.
Scooter riders should know their rights on and off the street. If you're curious concerning your legal options following a scooter accident in Dallas, you will want to know a few key points. You can start by calling the Dallas scooter accident lawyers at Dunk Law Firm.
Causes of Dallas Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list every single potential reason for a scooter accident. If you were injured while operating a scooter, contact our Dallas scooter accident lawyers regardless of the reason (or apparent cause). With that said, the reason for a scooter accident can have an impact on an accident case.
A lot of things can lead to scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings happen when a vehicle operator or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an oncoming scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a driver changes lanes, they might fail to observe somebody riding a scooter, especially given that they're using considerably smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- but changing lanes or swerving has the potential to lead to a crash.
- Failing to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders often suffer injuries due to a motorist failing to yield the right of way. Drivers of passenger vehicles tend to observe other cars and trucks, and sometimes fail to keep a watch for smaller vehicles when driving.
I Was in a Scooter Accident, and I Don’t Know Who to Hold Liable
No one can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident prior to knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Dallas scooter accident lawyers carefully investigate our clients' claims.
Nevertheless, we find that scooter accident liability has a tendency to come down to one of three common parties. Keep in mind that these are far from the only possible defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most commonly:
- Another driver-- A lot of scooterists are struck by other drivers on the road. Whether they were driving a sedan, a semi-truck, or some kind of specialized vehicle, they could be held responsible for your accident. When irresponsible motorists cause accidents, hurt scooterists can hold those drivers accountable.
- The scooter company-- A lot of the public doesn't think of this when they consider accident responsibility, however the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some might disregard expensive malfunctions or wear issues in favor of keeping scooters in service and generating income for them.
- The city-- In some cases, we can even hold the city responsible for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can usually trace the accident's source back to maintenance or defect problems (like a construction hazard or various other road issues).
Recovering Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a claim, you do so to receive damages. This compensation should account for the harms (and also expenses) caused by your crash.
Our team, for example, helps scooterists recuperate damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses-- Including those for emergency transport, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages account for exceptional emotional or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of income or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims may temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a wage after their experiences; in some cases, an accident can even permanently alter somebody's earning potential for the rest of their life. When this occurs, scooter accident victims can pursue compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Help Your Claim
In some cases, Dallas scooter accident victims can document some evidence at the scene of the crash. This is not always the case: Lots of accident survivors are too seriously hurt to gather evidence.
If this describes you, don't worry. Our scooter accident lawyers are used to it and commonly must collect information and evidence later on.
It could help your claim, however, if you can:
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any other damages
- Collect other motorists' and witnesses' contact information
- Acquire other drivers' license and insurance details
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Dallas Scooter Accident Lawyers Can Help
Did another motorist injure you while riding an e-scooter in Dallas? Call Dunk Law Firm today.
Our Dallas scooter accident attorneys can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing aspects of your claim
- Gather and record evidence
- Defend your rights (in settlement negotiations, and, if needed, in court)
We're accessible by phone at (888) 744-5642 or through our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.