Galveston Scooter Accident Attorney
A lot of Texans are looking to make environmentally friendly changes in their daily lives. When you combine a green change with the ability to downsize and do away with car payments or public transportation expenses, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Galveston.
Scooter riders need to know their rights on and off the street. If you're curious concerning your legal options after a scooter accident in Galveston, you will want to understand a few key points. You can start by calling the Galveston scooter accident attorneys at Dunk Law Firm.
Causes of Galveston Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list every single potential cause for a scooter accident. If you were injured while operating a scooter, contact our Galveston scooter accident attorneys regardless of the cause (or apparent reason). With that said, the reason for a scooter accident can have an impact on an accident case.
Lots of things can cause scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings occur when a vehicle operator or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an approaching scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a driver changes lanes, they may fail to observe someone riding a scooter, especially given that they're operating considerably smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- yet changing lanes or swerving has the potential to cause an accident.
- Failure to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders usually suffer injuries because of a driver failing to yield the right of way. Motorists of passenger vehicles tend to spot other cars and trucks, and occasionally fail to keep a lookout for smaller vehicles on the road.
I Was in a Scooter Accident, and I Don’t Know Who to Hold Liable
Nobody can tell you, with certainty, who was liable for your scooter accident before knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Galveston scooter accident attorneys thoroughly investigate our clients' claims.
However, we find that scooter accident responsibility has a tendency to come down to one of three common parties. Keep in mind that these are far from the only possible defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most commonly:
- Another driver-- Many scooterists are struck by other motorists on the road. Whether they were driving a car, a semi-truck, or some sort of specialized vehicle, he or she could be held responsible for your accident. When careless motorists cause accidents, injured scooterists can hold those drivers liable.
- The scooter company-- A great deal of the public does not think about this when they think about accident responsibility, however the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some may overlook expensive malfunctions or wear issues in favor of keeping scooters in service and generating income for them.
- The city-- Sometimes, we can even hold the city responsible for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can usually trace the accident's source back to maintenance or defect issues (like a construction hazard or other road problems).
Recouping Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a claim, you do so to collect damages. This compensation should make up the damages (and costs) due to your accident.
Our team, for instance, helps scooterists recover damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical bills-- Including those for emergency transportation, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages make up exceptional psychological or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of income or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims may temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a wage after their experiences; occasionally, a crash can even permanently affect someone's earning potential for the remainder of their life. When this happens, scooter accident victims can seek compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Benefit Your Case
Sometimes, Galveston scooter accident victims can record some evidence at the scene of the crash. This is not always the case: A lot of accident survivors are too seriously hurt to gather evidence.
If this describes you, don't worry. Our scooter accident attorneys are used to it and commonly must gather information and evidence later.
It might help your claim, however, if you can:
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, as well as any other damages
- Collect other drivers' and witnesses' contact information
- Acquire other motorists' license and insurance information
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Galveston Scooter Accident Attorneys Can Help
Did another motorist injure you while riding an e-scooter in Galveston? Call Dunk Law Firm today.
Our Galveston scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing aspects of your case
- Collect and document evidence
- Defend your rights (in settlement negotiations, and also, if necessary, in court)
We're accessible by phone at (888) 744-5642 or through our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.