Austin Scooter Accident Lawyer
A lot of Texans are trying to make eco-friendly changes in their everyday lives. When you combine an eco-friendly change with the chance to cut back and eliminate car payments or public transportation costs, it's easy to see why scooters are so popular in Austin.
Scooter riders need to know their rights on and off the road. If you're curious concerning your legal options after a scooter accident in Austin, you will want to understand a few key points. You can begin by calling the Austin scooter accident lawyers at Dunk Law Firm.
Causes of Austin Scooter Accidents
It's impossible to list each and every possible reason for a scooter accident. If you were injured while using a scooter, call our Austin scooter accident lawyers no matter the reason (or apparent cause). With that said, the cause of a scooter accident can have an effect on an accident case.
Lots of things can lead to scooter accidents, including:
- Doorings-- Doorings occur when a vehicle driver or passenger unknowingly opens their door into an approaching scooterist.
- Changing Lanes-- When a motorist changes lanes, they may fail to observe somebody riding a scooter, especially because they're operating considerably smaller vehicles than car drivers are-- however changing lanes or swerving has the potential to cause an accident.
- Failure to yield-- Like pedestrians and bicyclists, scooter riders usually suffer injuries because of a driver failing to yield the right of way. Drivers of passenger vehicles have a tendency to spot other cars and trucks, and occasionally fail to keep a lookout for smaller vehicles when driving.
I Was in a Scooter Accident, and I Don’t Know Who to Hold Liable
No one can tell you, with certainty, who was responsible for your scooter accident prior to knowing all the facts. That's the reason our Austin scooter accident lawyers carefully examine our clients' claims.
Nevertheless, we find that scooter accident responsibility tends to come down to one of three common parties. Keep in mind that these are far from the only potential defendants in a scooter accident claim.
That said, we see these most frequently:
- Another motorist-- Many scooterists are struck by other drivers on the road. Whether they were driving a car, a semi-truck, or some kind of specialized vehicle, they could be held accountable for your accident. When irresponsible drivers cause accidents, injured scooterists can hold those drivers accountable.
- The scooter company-- A great deal of the public doesn't think of this when they think about accident responsibility, but the scooter company itself could have caused your accident. Scooter companies can neglect the maintenance of their scooters. Some might overlook costly malfunctions or wear concerns in favor of keeping scooters in service and generating income for them.
- The city-- Sometimes, we can even hold the city responsible for a scooter accident. When this is the case, we can usually trace the accident's cause back to maintenance or defect problems (like a construction hazard or various other road problems).
Recovering Damages: What Can Injured Scooterists Anticipate?
When you bring a case, you do so to collect damages. This compensation should make up the damages (and also costs) due to your crash.
Our team, for instance, helps scooterists recuperate damages for:
- Past, present, and future medical bills-- Including those for emergency transport, specialized services, custom medical equipment, and more
- Physical damages-- To your property
- Pain and suffering-- These damages make up great psychological or physical pain due to an accident
- Loss of income or earning potential-- Scooter accident victims might temporarily lose their ability to work and earn a wage after their experiences; sometimes, an accident can even permanently affect somebody's earning potential for the remainder of their life. When this occurs, scooter accident victims can seek compensation for lost earning potential in court
Evidence That May Benefit Your Claim
In some cases, Austin scooter accident victims can record some evidence at the scene of the accident. This is not always the case: A lot of crash survivors are too seriously injured to collect evidence.
If this describes you, do not worry. Our scooter accident attorneys are used to it and commonly must collect information and evidence later on.
It can help your case, however, if you can:
- Take pictures or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any other damages
- Get other drivers' and witnesses' contact information
- Get other motorists' license and insurance information
- Ask for a copy of the police report that was filed on-scene
Our Austin Scooter Accident Lawyers Can Help
Did another motorist hurt you while riding an e-scooter in Austin? Call Dunk Law Firm today.
Our Austin scooter accident lawyers can:
- Listen to your story
- Clarify confusing elements of your claim
- Collect and record evidence
- Defend your rights (in settlement negotiations, and, if necessary, in court).
We're accessible by phone at (888) 744-5642 or via our online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing if we can help.