Galveston Automobile Accident Attorney
Dunk Law Firm Has Experience Serving Car Accident Victims
Keep in mind that obtaining help from a qualified and seasoned automobile accident lawyer might be vital. This is especially true after a severe injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, crucial evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We understand that when you have major injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly examine the cause of the accident and also collect information. It is even more difficult to handle the insurance providers.
Let our Galveston car accident lawyers at Dunk Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver to talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can cause problems later.
- Exchange information with the other motorist. Take good photos of the other party's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness information. Independent witness testimony can be crucial to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene as well as the damage to your car as well as the other cars.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or get medical care as soon as possible. You may have sustained far more significant injuries than you realized. Additionally, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical care can make it hard for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Galveston auto accident attorneys ASAP. The sooner you have a lawyer, the sooner they can begin defending your legal rights. Additionally, call a lawyer before you speak with any car insurance carrier. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After an Automobile Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental anguish for which an individual can pursue compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a severe injury, among the most financially harmful aspects of a motor vehicle accident.
What Are the Most Usual Car Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more severe, it can need surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of treatment. They can also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Tragically, thousands of individuals die each year in Galveston area auto accidents.
What Factors Impact My Settlement?
Identifying just how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be difficult because the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Galveston car accident attorney will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to get a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the case might have to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or opposed. For example, the other event might not dispute liability in a rear-end accident however may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses and other losses, such as missed income from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Call our law firm if you 'd like more information about the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Assist You
If you sustained injuries in a motor vehicle accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, allow the car accident lawyers at Dunk Law Firm help you evaluate and know your rights and potential solutions. Further, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover fully.
The automobile accident lawyers at Dunk Law Firm have experience representing Galveston drivers and passengers that suffered injuries in car accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the important and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.